This blog is subject the DISCLAIMER below.

Monday, February 26, 2007

Windows Vista Boot (Add or Remove)

I've just fixed my computer's boot system & saved my self 48 hrs of reinstalling a system.
I''ll take this chance to explain about the Vista's Boot manager (either removing it or Deleting it)
I currently have a dual boot of windows XP & VISTA
my XP for some reason crashed so I had to repair it, which rewrote the bootsector & over written the VISTA's boot sector. so I couldn't load windows VISTA.
The recovery stuff that u can find when u boot from the windows VISTA DVD were the way to solve it (add VISTA to the boot) not the startup recovery, but the command line

How to use the Bootrec.exe tool in the Windows Recovery Environment to troubleshoot and repair startup issues in Windows Vista

type:
bootrec.exe /Fixboot
& that should be it

To remove the VISTA Boot record, boot from windows XP CD, press r on the first screen (open the recovery console)
type fixboot
then fixmbr
then fixboot again for safty
that should be it

No comments: