This blog is subject the DISCLAIMER below.

Friday, July 09, 2010

Changing regional settings for System accounts (including ASPNET) in Windows 7

One of the small issues I faced while switching my development machine to windows 7 was a bug/exception in an application I was working on in parsing date format.

After switching my regional settings to the “expected” format, I still got the same exception. After playing a little with the regional settings, I realized that I was switching only my account date format, not the whole machine's date format. To push those settings to other system accounts (like ASPNET, etc), I did the following steps:

After setting your your account regional settings, switch to “Administrative” tab:

Click to Enlarge

From “Welcome screen and new user accounts”, click “Copy setting”:

Click to EnlargeMake sure “Welcome screen and system accounts”  check box is checked, press ok, and Voila!

1 comment:

Sotwnisey said...

Lovely bloog you have